Floh (“we”) respects the privacy of its members (“you”) and has
Information we collect
- In General. We may collect Personal Information, including Sensitive Data, and other information. “Personal Information” means individually identifiable information that would allow us to determine the actual identity of, and contact, a specific living person. “Sensitive Data” includes information, comments or content (e.g. photographs, video, profile, lifestyle) that you optionally provide that may reveal your ethnic origin, nationality, religion and/or sexual orientation. By providing Sensitive Data to us, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Sensitive Data as permitted by applicable privacy laws. We may also collect your geolocation information with your consent. We may collect this information through the Floh Platform. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Services. When you provide personal information through the Floh Platform.
- We collect information you share with us when you use the Floh Platform.
- Account Information. In order to register as a Member, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook or LinkedIn or Google login. If you do so, you authorise us to access certain Facebook or LinkedIn or Google account information, such as your public profile (consistent with your privacy settings), your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your connections who might be common connections with other Members. You may also be asked to allow us to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Floh Platform. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using the Floh Platform. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information. You may also provide us photos, a personal description and information about your gender and preferences for recommendations, such as search distance, age range and gender. If you chat with other Members, you provide us the content of your chats, if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication, and if you post any reviews of the Events, you provide us with the content of that review.
- Profile Information.To use the Services, you will be required to complete a profile, which may include your address, phone number, and gender. Certain parts of your profile (like your profile picture, name, and description) are a part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
- Payment Information.We collect your financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) when you transact with us.
- Communications with Floh and other Members. When you communicate with us or use the Floh Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide to us or to other Members.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Floh account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, or use other features of the Floh Platform.
Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Floh Platform
When you use the Floh Platform, we collect information about the Services you use and how you use them.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Floh Platform, such as the pages or other content you view, and other actions on the Floh Platform.
- Location Information. When you use certain features of the Floh Platform, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g. IP address, pin code) or more specific location information (e.g. precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Log Data. We automatically collect log information when you use the Floh Platform, even if you have not created an account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you have used the Floh Platform (including links to third party applications), IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the pages you have viewed or engaged with before or after using the Floh Platform.
- Transaction Information. We collect information related to your transactions on the Floh Platform, including the date and time, amounts charged, and other related transaction details.
How We Use Information We Collect
- Provide, Improve, and Develop the Floh Platform
- Enable you to access and use the Floh Platform
- Enable you to communicate with other Members.
- Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Floh Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research
- Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things, ranking search results or showing ads based on your search, booking history, and preferences.
- Enable you to access and use the Services.
- Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may use and store this information:
- to facilitate your referral invitations,
- send your requests for references,
- for fraud detection and prevention,
- for any purpose you authorise at the time of collection.
- Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of the Members, Partners or Hosts and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use, Floh House Rules and other policies.
- Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your communication preferences.
- Personalize, measure, and improve advertising.
Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorise a third party application or website to access your account. To help facilitate bookings, we may share your information as follows:
- When you as a Member submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Partner and the Host, including your full name and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating your arrival at the Event, like your phone number.
- When you as a Partner have agreed to conduct an Event, certain information is shared with the Member and Host, such as your full name, phone number, and Event address
- When you as a Host have a confirmed to assist Members at any Event, certain information is shared with the Member to coordinate the booking, such as your full name and phone number.
- We do not share your billing and payout information with other Members or the Host.
Safety and Compliance with Law
- On violation of any of the terms under the Terms and Conditions of Use by you as a Member or Host, we may inform Partners and other Hosts that you are not entitled to attend any Event organised for Floh Members and provide the Partners and Hosts with your information, such as your name, for that purpose.
- We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorised third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary:
- to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against us,
- to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Members to legal liability,
- to enforce and administer our Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements with Members, Partners, or Hosts, as applicable,
- for fraud investigation and prevention, risk assessment, customer support, product development and debugging purposes, or
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Floh, its employees, Members, Partners, Hosts or third parties.
- We will attempt to notify Members, Partners, or Hosts, as applicable, about these requests unless:
- providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or
- we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Floh’s property, its Members and the Floh Platform (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”).
instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
Links to Third Party Websites